Saturday, January 10, 2009

It is 10:44 PM and the snow has just stopped coming down. 24 hours from now I will be immersed in a totally new and unusual culture......where the temperature is expected to be 45 degrees. Tomorrow starts one of the biggest adventures of my life. I will be leaving O'Hare at 2:33 PM and arrive in Frankfort at 5:45 AM the next day (Jan 12). I will spend a lovely 4 and a half hours in the country of Germany, yet most likely won't see anything but the airport. I will then depart and arrive in Bilbao, Spain at 12:20 PM. There I will be picked up by a Spaniard and taken to my place of residence for the next 5 months! I am completely excited and nervous at the same time and its an unexplainable feeling.
This is just an opener to the story that I will tell as my life goes on in Europe. This story will be filled with excitement, adventure, and new challenges. People who have studied abroad say that it is a once in a lifetime experience that sticks close to your heart for the rest of your life.
United States, we have had a long relationship, but its time for me to move on........

No comments:

Post a Comment