Thursday, January 15, 2009




Hola,
Yesterday I took my Spanish placement test. It was definitely a hard test and made me realize how much I actually do not understand the language. Oh well, I guess thats why I am here. I still have those awkward conversations with my house mom where we don't understand eachother for a few minutes and then end up having to explain thoroughly what we were talking about. (Yesterday I thought my mom's mom was going to the hospital because she hit her head when really she was just trying to explain that she is crazy haha). Today I went to the towns of Balmaseda y Portugalete. It was unbelievable just riding on the bus looking at the landscapes. The first picture I have attached is of a church in Balmaseda. It is over 300 years old. The second is a picture from Portugalete looking on to Bilbao. Also attached is a picture of my dog Txentxo. (Pronounced Chencho) He loves me already. Sorry to cut this short, but I have to nap. The Bilbao Pampolona futbol game is on in an hour and I have an outing with my study abroad group tonight that I have been forced into going to by one of the professors (He promised me a drink). I can get used to this lifestyle of huge laidback lunches and naps in the middle of the day. America, take a hint......

No comments:

Post a Comment